Manufacturing of a DustMASTER 200 TPH Series I Mixing System for the Cement Manufacturing Industry
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
When a customer in cement manufacturing needed a mixing system to process water with cement kiln dust (CKD) and create a dust-free product for safe landfill disposal, DustMASTER® Enviro Systems was contracted to do the job. We began by conducting manual testing of the CKD, monitoring and recording the moisture percentage being added by weight. We used our DustMASTER 200 TPH Series I mixing system, which contains many advanced features, including a Turbin style pan mixer, hydraulically operated discharge door, material weigh hopper, metered water system and control, and a programmable controller with 100% manual override and load cell readout. When testing was complete, the CKD from the mill was converted to a final product that was dust free, with 25% water and a 120 second cycle. Some steam and heat of hydration was present, and the ball material and all fines were wetted through. The CKD was acceptable for transportation and landfill disposal.
We processed these tests and produced successful, documented results for our client in western Canada in one week. To learn more about how DustMASTER products can be used for dust control projects, see the table below or contact us directly.
Request a Quote
Highlights from the DustMASTER Mixing System Project:
- Project Scope
- Test was conducted to determine if a DustMASTER system could successfully process water with the CKD to achieve a dust-free product for landfill disposal.
- Material Tested
- CKD from the mill
- Product Description
- This product is used to suppress dust that comes from a cement kiln.
- Dust Control System Capabilities Applied/Processes
Conducted manual testing of material in our test facility.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Mixer test skid is: 7'-4" x 10"-0" x 8'-0" tall
- Turbin style pan mixer with a hydraulically operated discharge door
Material weigh hopper
Metered water system and control
Programmable controller with 100% manual override and load cell readout
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Moisture percentage addition by weight. Results of tests monitored and recorded.
- Industry for Use
- Cement Manufacturing Industry
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- One (1) week for testing and documented results.
- Delivery Location
- Western Canada
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- Product Name
- DustMASTER 200 TPH Series I
- Project Outcome
- Final product was dust free, with 25% water and a 120-second cycle.Some steam and heat of hydration present. The ball material and all fines were wetted through. The CKD was acceptable for transportation and landfill disposal.
Back To Top