Manufacturing of a DustMASTER 60 TPH Series I Mixing System for the Foundry Industry
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
At DustMASTER® Enviro Systems, our experience with dust control mixing machines goes back nearly 30 years. So, when a client in the foundry industry needed dust removed from a gray iron foundry for landfill disposal, DustMASTER was enlisted to do the project. We conducted manual testing of this material at our test facility as well as on site at the foundry to stabilize the dust, which included cupola dust at 500°F and general foundry dust. We utilized our DustMASTER 60 TPH Series I Mixing System, which is fabricated with components such as a Turbin style pan mixer with a hydraulically operated discharge door, material weigh hopper, metered water system and control, and programmable controller with 100% manual override and load cell readout. We monitored and recorded the moisture percentage added in by weight, which resulted in a final product that was fully suitable for landfill disposal. It was then run for an additional five minutes, for a total of seven minutes, with no visible change in product consistency. This demonstrated the efficacy of our dust control / mixing system for foundry industry applications.
We completed testing and documenting results for our client in the Southeastern United States in just one week. To learn more about this mixing system for the foundry industry, please see the table below or contact us directly.
Request a Quote
Highlights of the Foundry Dust Control Project:
- Project Scope
- Test was conducted at the foundry to stabilize dusts for landfill disposal
- Material Tested
- Cupola dust at 500°F and general foundry dust
- Product Description
- This product is used to help condition baghouse dust from a gray iron foundry.
- Foundry Dust Control System Capabilities Applied/Processes
Conducted manual testing of material in our test facility.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Mixer test skid is: 7’-4” x 10’-0” x 8’-0” tall
- Turbin style pan mixer with a hydraulically operated discharge door
Material weigh hopper
Metered water system and control
Programmable controller with 100% manual override and load cell readout
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Moisture percentage addition by weight. Results of tests monitored and recorded.
- Industry for Use
- Foundry Industry
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- One (1) week for testing and documented results.
- Delivery Location
- Southeast U.S.
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- Product Name
- DustMASTER 60 TPH Series I
- Project Outcome
- Final product was run an additional five (5) minutes, for a total mix of seven (7) minutes. There was no visible change in product consistency.